Monday, June 4, 2012

And the number is . . . three!

Last week on scale day I felt bloated and sluggish.  Even though I had stuck to my plan all week and had even gotten in some exercise, the numbers were not in my favor.  I was up a pound.

Now, anyone who has done any serious dieting knows that this sort of thing happens.  The scale is not always a perfect reflection of where you are.  Things like how much water you've drunk, how recently you've been to the bathroom, where you are in your monthly cycle, and how much sodium you've consumed over the last few days . . . they all contribute to higher and lower numbers on the scale.

I know this intellectually, but it still feels like a defeat at the scale when the receptionist whispers to me politely that I'm up "just a bit."

Then what usually happens is that I come back a week later and the numbers are in my favor again.  And indeed they were.  As the title indicates, the number was three.  I was down three pounds today for a total of ten!  (Well, 9.8 but that is ten in my book.)

I get to update my little plane graphic at the bottom, very very bottom, of the page.  *happy clappy*

Tomorrow I have a challenge.  I am going to a Thai restaurant and I am going to figure out a way to 1) Stay within my daily points limits, and 2) Fully enjoy my meal.  For a lifelong big eater like myself who loves coconut milk curries and fried foods, this is going to be a bit of a challenge.

Here is what I think I'm going to have:

1 bowl of Tom Yum soup with tofu  3P+
1 order of Green Papaya Salad with Peanut Dressing  8P+
1 Fried Spring Roll  -or- 1 cup of Jasmine Rice 5P+
1-3 bites of whatever my hubby is eating.  :-)  2P+

The Points Plus values are purely speculation on my part, but they are good faith estimates.  I'm not trying to lie to myself because that is the path to madness.   18P+ is about what I usually have for dinner.  I like a big dinner so I save my points for the evening whenever possible.

I think I'll have an awesome dinner and still have good numbers to show when I hit the scale this time next week.  That is the plan anyway.

Next time you'll see less of me!

--AnneK


No comments:

Post a Comment