Sunday, June 10, 2012

Chocolate Mousse

I am a chocolate lover and that is one of the things that makes dieting so hard for me.  Another thing I love is fluffy whipped stuff like mousse, whipped cream, and soft-serve ice cream - also big on the Thou Shalt Not List for dieters.

But today I came up with an idea that is really very good and it satisfies both my chocolate and my whipped cream gremlins.  The recipe is vegan and fat-free.  Don't scoff until you try it, because you will probably be pleasantly surprised by how good it is!


Ingredients List
  • 1 regular box of fat-free chocolate pudding mix
  • 1 cup chocolate almond milk  - cold
  • 1 tub fat-free Cool Whip topping - thawed but cold

Directions
 
Put the fat-free chocolate pudding mix intp a mixing bow and add 1 cup of chocolate almond milk.  (I chose Jell-O's Chocolate Fudge flavor.)

With a hand mixer on low speed, mix the pudding and the almond milk until it thickens (about one minute).

Gently fold in the Cool Whip topping until the pudding is all incorporated and the mousse is an even color.

This will make about 5 servings at 1/2 cup each. 



Weight Watchers Points Plus value: 3

Try it with vanilla pudding and vanilla almond milk if you like.  I'm sure that would also be good.

I hope you enjoy!

Next time you will see less of me!

--AnneK

1 comment:

  1. It sounds pretty good to me. I find that fat free products can be pretty darned good.

    ReplyDelete