Saturday, May 19, 2012

Busy Week!

It is the time of year when teachers have run out of their yearly allotment of patience and are running frazzled.  Exams are a mere two weeks away and we teachers are struggling to get everything up and ready for the state exams as well as our own personal exams, trying to get all the grades ready for report cards, and dealing with the inevitable wave of projects and assessments that fall during the final weeks of class.  Many of us are so over worked and overwhelmed at this time of year that we're prone to snap at any moment and say something snippy or derisive when we shouldn't.  As for me, I'm trying to live in the moment and not make it all better with doughnuts and cupcakes . . . but apples do not have the same calming effect on my state of mind.  Ahh well, this too shall pass, as they say.

I have the weekly menu made up for May 14 - 18.  This time I remembered to save it as a PDF so it can be viewed properly by most anyone, though admittedly my readership is only at 1 person right now.  (Thanks, sis!)  But who knows what the future holds?  *smiles*

On the Portuguese front, I have been extremely frustrated this week because I have found no time to work in my grammar book and little time for anything else.  Although I have visited a blog or two and I have continued to listen to my audio lessons in the morning.  This weekend the plan is to immerse myself to the greatest extent possible so I don't feel deprived if the coming week turns out to be as busy as this past one was.  (Yes, deprived of grammar.  We linguists actually feel deprived if we are unable to get to that exciting new grammar that will increase our communication skills.  We really do!)

My grammar goal this weekend is to get the pluralization of nouns and adjectives down, including the pronunciation - which can be a bit tricky in Portuguese.  If I'm feeling really ambitious, I might take on some more irregular verbs in the present tense too.  And somewhere out there I'm going to have to find some listening practice activities to do as well.

That's all for now; wish me luck!  Até lago, amigos. 

Next time you will see less of me!

--AnneK

No comments:

Post a Comment